larry coressel, morning host/ operations manager
Hometown: Springfield, Ohio
What I Do: WDPR’s Operations Manager and morning host
Five Things You May Not Know About Me:
- I’m a free-lance photographer (in my so-called spare time).
- I’m not a trained musician, although some friends and I have created some interesting “audio art” scores for silent films, like Nosferatu.
- I’m a huge Star Wars geek. So much so that my iPhone has an R2-D2 cover and my ringtones are mostly Star Wars sound effects.
- I co-founded Springfield StageWorks and have directed and produced several shows at the State Theatre in Springfield.
- There’s more to my job than meets the ear. I’m not only on the air Monday through Friday mornings, but I am also responsible for the daily and weekly broadcasts of Performance Today, Composers Datebook, Met Opera and any other nationally syndicated programs we air.
One Thing You May Know about Me:
I’ve been married for 20 years, and my wife and I have spent more than half that time slowly renovating our house in Springfield. As my father-in-law used to say, “Anybody who owns their own house… deserves it.”