Bob Johnstone, Host of A Musical Offering
Hometown: Nashville, Tennessee, but for the last 38 years, Richmond, Indiana
What I do: I am a retired professor of politics at Earlham College
Five Things You May Not Know About Me:
- I have published a well-received book on the presidency of Thomas Jefferson.
- I continue to teach political philosophy courses at Earlham after retirement;
- My father was a big band singer in New York in the 1940s, with Paul Whiteman, Larry Clinton, Shep Fields, and others
- My wife is a soprano and voice teacher
- I have just completed a re-reading of all of the Sherlock Holmes novels and short stories of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle'
One Thing You May Know About Me: I have been the Sunday afternoon host of "A Musical Offering" for nineteen years.