Adam Alonzo, Afternoon Host
Hometown: Dayton, Ohio
What I Do: On-air host weekdays from 2 - 6pm, assist with online outreach
Five Things You May Not Know About Me:
- I have researched Dayton's poet Paul Laurence Dunbar until I know him better than any living person. I've written a play about Dunbar and am developing a Web site about his life and work.
- I've studied piano and voice and have sung in various choirs. My favorite performance was singing in Carmina Burana with the Springfield Symphony.
- I have worked as a professional photographer and also had numerous photography exhibitions in galleries around the area.
- I haven't watched television in over a decade and this has had a powerful influence on my personality and the way I view the world.
- When I began working for the radio station, it was located in the basement of Hills and Dales shopping center. When my program ended, I would flip a switch that took the station off the air for the night. We've come a long way since then!
One Thing You May Know about Me:
I enjoy the arts in many different forms: classical, jazz and traditional music, literature, drama, dance, visual arts and film. It's my privilege to share great music with listeners of Discover Classical.